From: Peer Sandtner <webobjects-dev@wocommunity.org>
Subject: Re: [WO-DEV] ERPDFGeneration ... fails with German "umlaute"
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 23:08:03 +0200
To: WebObjects & WOnder Development <webobjects-dev@wocommunity.org>
Hello Jens,

by setting the following property it will work correctly:

er.extensions.ERXApplication.DefaultEncoding=UTF-8

regards und schönen Gruß
Peer

Am 21.04.2021 um 19:26 schrieb Jens Schulze <webobjects-dev@wocommunity.org>:

Hello List!

I need help! I want to convert a html Page with German characters to PDF following the „ERPDFExamples“.

As soon as I put a German character in the page the conversion fails:

Any help hints are really appreciated!

Thanks
Jens Schulze
Prof. Dr. Jens Schulze
Marketing & Vertrieb
Münsterstrasse 265 www.profjens.de
46397 Bocholt jens.schulze@me.com

Caused by: org.apache.xerces.impl.io.MalformedByteSequenceException: Invalid byte 2 of 4-byte UTF-8 sequence.
..
  at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(null:Unknown)
  at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:122)
  at er.pdf.builder.FlyingSaucerImpl.setSource(FlyingSaucerImpl.java:100)
  at er.pdf.ERPDFUtilities.htmlAsPdf(ERPDFUtilities.java:130)
  at er.pdf.ERPDFWrapper.responseAsPdf(ERPDFWrapper.java:89)

HTML
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<wo:ERPDFWrapper  enabled = "yes" filename = "SimplePDFGenerationExample1.pdf" >

  <head>

    <title>ERPDFGeneration Examples</title>

  </head>

Test öä &auml;

</wo:ERPDFWrapper>

BUNDLES
"CurrentPage" = "er.pdfexamples.components.SimplePDFGeneration1";
"Bundles" = {
"ERExtensions" = "7.1-SNAPSHOT";
"JavaWebObjects" = "5.4.3";
"ERPDFExamples" = "";
"ERJars" = "7.0";
"JavaXML" = "5.4.2";
"JavaJDBCAdaptor" = "5.4.3";
"WOOgnl" = "7.0";
"JavaEOAccess" = "5.4.3";
"JavaEOControl" = "5.4.2";
"JavaFoundation" = "5.4.3";
"JavaWOExtensions" = "7.0";
"ERPDFGeneration" = "7.0";
"ERPrototypes" = "7.0“;

Markus wrote it works with an older version of WONDER (which version?)

I even tried to do everything with MAVEN hoping it would solve dependency issues but there again I ran into problems.

cd WonderSource/

mvn validate -e -X

[WARNING] The POM for org.objectstyle.cayenne:cayenne:jar:1.2M12 is missing, no dependency information available
[ERROR] [ERROR] Some problems were encountered while processing the POMs:
[WARNING] 'build.plugins.plugin.version' for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-javadoc-plugin is missing. @ line 132, column 21
[ERROR] Unresolveable build extension: Plugin org.wocommunity:wolifecycle-maven-plugin:2.3 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to collect dependencies at org.wocommunity:wolifecycle-maven-plugin:jar:2.3 -> org.objectstyle.woproject.ant:woproject-ant-tasks:jar:2.0.15 -> ant:ant-junit:jar:1.6.5 @
 @
[ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.project.ProjectBuildingException: Some problems were encountered while processing the POMs: