From: Jens Schulze <webobjects-dev@wocommunity.org>
Subject: Re: [WO-DEV] ERPDFGeneration ... fails with German "umlaute"
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 10:14:47 +0200
To: WebObjects & WOnder Development <webobjects-dev@wocommunity.org>
Yes!

I Agree I did that „created a Pull request“ !

Jens

Am 22.04.2021 um 09:16 schrieb Peer Sandtner <webobjects-dev@wocommunity.org>:

I'm glad to hear that. :-)

BTW: I think it would make sense to add this very important property to the Wonder sample applications.

Peer

Am 22.04.2021 um 08:49 schrieb Jens Schulze <webobjects-dev@wocommunity.org>:

Peer Thanks you so much !!

Properties are for my like dark art because there are many but to find them one has to look at the sources.

In any case this solved a long standing problem for!

So again Thank you!

Jens

Am 21.04.2021 um 23:08 schrieb Peer Sandtner <webobjects-dev@wocommunity.org>:

Hello Jens,

by setting the following property it will work correctly:

er.extensions.ERXApplication.DefaultEncoding=UTF-8

regards und schönen Gruß
Peer

Am 21.04.2021 um 19:26 schrieb Jens Schulze <webobjects-dev@wocommunity.org>:

Hello List!

I need help! I want to convert a html Page with German characters to PDF following the „ERPDFExamples“.

As soon as I put a German character in the page the conversion fails:

Any help hints are really appreciated!

Thanks
Jens Schulze
Prof. Dr. Jens Schulze
Marketing & Vertrieb
Münsterstrasse 265 www.profjens.de
46397 Bocholt jens.schulze@me.com

Caused by: org.apache.xerces.impl.io.MalformedByteSequenceException: Invalid byte 2 of 4-byte UTF-8 sequence.
..
  at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(null:Unknown)
  at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:122)
  at er.pdf.builder.FlyingSaucerImpl.setSource(FlyingSaucerImpl.java:100)
  at er.pdf.ERPDFUtilities.htmlAsPdf(ERPDFUtilities.java:130)
  at er.pdf.ERPDFWrapper.responseAsPdf(ERPDFWrapper.java:89)

HTML
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<wo:ERPDFWrapper  enabled = "yes" filename = "SimplePDFGenerationExample1.pdf" >

  <head>

    <title>ERPDFGeneration Examples</title>

  </head>

Test öä &auml;

</wo:ERPDFWrapper>

BUNDLES
"CurrentPage" = "er.pdfexamples.components.SimplePDFGeneration1";
"Bundles" = {
"ERExtensions" = "7.1-SNAPSHOT";
"JavaWebObjects" = "5.4.3";
"ERPDFExamples" = "";
"ERJars" = "7.0";
"JavaXML" = "5.4.2";
"JavaJDBCAdaptor" = "5.4.3";
"WOOgnl" = "7.0";
"JavaEOAccess" = "5.4.3";
"JavaEOControl" = "5.4.2";
"JavaFoundation" = "5.4.3";
"JavaWOExtensions" = "7.0";
"ERPDFGeneration" = "7.0";
"ERPrototypes" = "7.0“;

Markus wrote it works with an older version of WONDER (which version?)

I even tried to do everything with MAVEN hoping it would solve dependency issues but there again I ran into problems.

cd WonderSource/

mvn validate -e -X

[WARNING] The POM for org.objectstyle.cayenne:cayenne:jar:1.2M12 is missing, no dependency information available
[ERROR] [ERROR] Some problems were encountered while processing the POMs:
[WARNING] 'build.plugins.plugin.version' for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-javadoc-plugin is missing. @ line 132, column 21
[ERROR] Unresolveable build extension: Plugin org.wocommunity:wolifecycle-maven-plugin:2.3 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to collect dependencies at org.wocommunity:wolifecycle-maven-plugin:jar:2.3 -> org.objectstyle.woproject.ant:woproject-ant-tasks:jar:2.0.15 -> ant:ant-junit:jar:1.6.5 @
 @
[ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.project.ProjectBuildingException: Some problems were encountered while processing the POMs: