From: OCsite <webobjects-dev@wocommunity.org>
Subject: Why -undefined- does not work?
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 18:23:57 +0200
To: WebObjects & WOnder Development <webobjects-dev@wocommunity.org>
Hi there,

in my Properties, there is non-zero ERXObjectStoreCoordinatorPool.maxCoordinators. For some testing, I would need to override it to null through the launch arguments, like this:

-er.extensions.ERXObjectStoreCoordinatorPool.maxCoordinators -undefined-

Nevertheless, what I am getting is

===
[2021-6-23 18:3:1 CEST] <main> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Failed to parse an integer from the value '-undefined-'.
    at er.extensions.foundation.ERXValueUtilities.IntegerValueWithDefault(ERXValueUtilities.java:202)
    at er.extensions.foundation.ERXProperties.intForKeyWithDefault(ERXProperties.java:1003)
    at er.extensions.foundation.ERXProperties.intForKey(ERXProperties.java:830)
    at er.extensions.eof.ERXObjectStoreCoordinatorPool.initialize(ERXObjectStoreCoordinatorPool.java:72)
    at er.extensions.eof.ERXObjectStoreCoordinatorPool.initializeIfNecessary(ERXObjectStoreCoordinatorPool.java:62)
===

How the heck is this possible, given

=== ERXObjectStoreCoordinatorPool.java
    public static void initializeIfNecessary() {
    if (ERXProperties.stringForKey("er.extensions.ERXObjectStoreCoordinatorPool.maxCoordinators") != null) {
    ERXObjectStoreCoordinatorPool.initialize();
    }
    }
=== ERXProperties.java
    private static String UndefinedMarker = "-undefined-";
... ...
    public static String stringForKeyWithDefault(final String s, final String defaultValue) {
        return stringValue == UndefinedMarker ? null : stringValue;
    }
===

I've even tried ERXProperties.stringForKey("er.extensions.ERXObjectStoreCoordinatorPool.maxCoordinators") in my own code, and I am getting null all right. Can anyone see why this does no work properly in Wonder? What am I overlooking?

Thanks,
OC