From: GILQUIN Pierre <webobjects-dev@wocommunity.org>
Subject: Eclipse on deploy vm cannot launch app
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 13:16:58 +0000
To: WebObjects & WOnder Development <webobjects-dev@wocommunity.org>

Dear list,

My app and Oracle DB are deployed on 2 CentOs vm. I have an intermediate centos vm that can be access with Apache Guacamole.

For debug purposse, I have installed Eclipse.

Everything want correctly, I was abled to add WOLips plug-in, I can create an wonder app et everyting is build correctly.

But I cannot run it as I get the famous exception :

NSProperties.NestedProperties.load(): /project/home/pgilquin/WebObjects.properties

[2021-7-20 14:45:7 CEST] <main> <WOResourceManager> Unable to locate the "JavaWebObjects" bundle

[2021-7-20 14:45:7 CEST] <main> Unable to initialize WOProperties for reason: Cannot find JavaWebObjects framework ! java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to locate the "JavaWebObjects" bundle

[2021-7-20 14:45:7 CEST] <main> A fatal exception occurred: <WOApplication>: Cannot be initialized.

[2021-7-20 14:45:7 CEST] <main> com.webobjects.foundation.NSForwardException [java.lang.IllegalStateException] Unable to locate the "JavaWebObjects" bundle:<WOApplication>: Cannot be initialized.

            at com.webobjects.appserver.WOApplication.<init>(WOApplication.java:918)

            at er.extensions.appserver.ajax.ERXAjaxApplication.<init>(ERXAjaxApplication.java:30)

            at er.extensions.appserver.ERXApplication.<init>(ERXApplication.java:1124)

            at your.app.Application.<init>(Application.java:10)

            at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)

            at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)

            at com.webobjects.appserver.WOApplication.main(WOApplication.java:547)

            at er.extensions.appserver.ERXApplication.main(ERXApplication.java:885)

            at your.app.Application.main(Application.java:7)

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to locate the "JavaWebObjects" bundle

            at com.webobjects.appserver.WOResourceManager.__getJavaWebObjectsResourceAsStream(WOResourceManager.java:131)

            at com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOProperties.initUserDefaultsKeys(WOProperties.java:317)

            at com.webobjects.appserver.WOApplication._initWOApp(WOApplication.java:5743)

            at com.webobjects.appserver.WOApplication.<init>(WOApplication.java:779)

            ... 11 more

java.lang.NullPointerException

            at er.extensions.appserver.ERXShutdownHook$1.run(ERXShutdownHook.java:64)

I created a dummy Apple directory and  course JavaWebObjects is present. Its path is set in the WOLips preferences as System frameworks

Any idea what could be wrong ?

Thanks in advance

Pierre

NB : my wolips.properties :

#Tue Jul 20 14:40:08 CEST 2021

wo.api.root=/Developer/Documentation/DocSets/com.apple.ADC_Reference_Library.WebObjectsReference.docset/Contents/Resources/Documents/documentation/InternetWeb/Reference/WO542Reference

wo.apps.root=/project/home/pgilquin/deploy/Apple/Local/Library/WebObjects/Applications

wo.bootstrapjar=/System/Library/WebObjects/JavaApplications/wotaskd.woa/WOBootstrap.jar

wo.extensions=/project/home/pgilquin/deploy/Apple/Local/Library/WebObjects/Extensions

wo.local.frameworks=/project/home/pgilquin/deploy/Apple/Local/Library/Frameworks

wo.local.root=/project/home/pgilquin/deploy/Apple/Local

wo.network.frameworks=

wo.network.root=

wo.system.frameworks=/project/home/pgilquin/deploy/Apple/Library/Frameworks

wo.system.root=/project/home/pgilquin/deploy/Apple

wo.user.frameworks=

wo.user.root=/project/home/pgilquin

wolips.properties=wolips.properties