From: ocs@ocs.cz <webobjects-dev@wocommunity.org>
Subject: model list
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 21:01:08 +0200
To: WebObjects & WOnder Development <webobjects-dev@wocommunity.org>
Hi there,

our CentOS deployment does not work with Wonder 7.3; an attempt to launch the application yields

[2021-10-14 20:38:2 CEST] <main> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unable to read either 'file:/opt/Local/Library/WOnderFrameworks73/ERPrototypes.framework/Resources/index.eomodeld' or 'file:/opt/Local/Library/WOnderFrameworks73/ERPrototypes.framework/Resources/eomodel.plist

With 7.1 the same code (only classpath changed) seems to work right. Seems 7.2 has the same problem as 7.3, though I haven't tested it thoroughly. (It stinks by some very ugly Java-based problem, for I've never seen the problem on my development macOS site; happens only at deployment CentOS. Ick.)

How could I find the differences -- if any -- betwixt the Wonder releases? I suspect loadModelsFromLoadedBundles most probably would be the culprit, somehow finding wrong model paths; I can find the (presumably current 7.3) code at

https://jenkins.wocommunity.org/job/Wonder7/ws/Wonder/Frameworks/Core/ERExtensions/Sources/er/extensions/eof/ERXModelGroup.java

but -- paint me blind and dumb -- I can't see the way to diff the Wonder releases. Also, the code does not seem to allow logging out how it finds the models, alas.

Thanks for any idea,
OC