From: D Tim Cummings <webobjects-dev@wocommunity.org>
Subject: Postgresql jdbc driver upgrade not recommended
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 14:53:56 +1000
To: WebObjects & WOnder Development <webobjects-dev@wocommunity.org>
Signed Data (PGP )
I just upgraded my postgresql jdbc driver from 42.2.23 to 42.3.0 and suddenly any number returned from the database that ended in four zeros was having the zeros trimmed.

For example

150000 became 15

This did not affect numbers ending in three zeros

151000 stayed as 151000

I am still looking for the cause but rolling back to 42.2.23 fixed the problem. Problem was reproducible on Postgresql 10.18 on Ubuntu and Postgresql 13.3 on Mac.

I am using Wonder 7.2 with Postgresql plugin. My project is defined using the maven structure. I was using the postgresql jdbc driver in my pom.xml with

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.postgresql</groupId>
    <artifactId>postgresql</artifactId>
    <version>42.2.23</version>
</dependency>

Hope this helps

Tim

Content cannot be verified (probably it has been altered)