From: Hugi Thordarson <webobjects-dev@wocommunity.org>
Subject: Re: [WO-DEV] WOMonitor on CentOS
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2021 10:24:36 +0000
To: WebObjects & WOnder Development <webobjects-dev@wocommunity.org>

>> not sure I'm following this.
>>
>> Which Application dispatchRequest am I supposed to monitor ? The application I wrote ? wotaskd ? WOMonitor ?
>>
> On my reading, Hugi meant that you should do something like this in Application.dispatchRequest() for the application you wrote:
>
> @Override
> public WOResponse dispatchRequest(WORequest request) {
> LOG.trace("      request = " + request);
> LOG.trace("request.uri() = " + request.uri());
> return super.dispatchRequest(request);
> }
>
> Where LOG is a logger object of whatever type you use.

Exactly :).

And the properties file I mentioned (/etc/WebObjects/Properties) is just a global configuration file for all WO instances on the machine, so it's a convenient location to set, well, global configuration. Such as the "er.extensions.WOHostUtilities.localhostips" property I mentioned. (that was the magic solution for me when I had similar problems a few years back).

Cheers,
- hugi