From: Ramsey Gurley <Ramsey.Gurley@practicemojo.com>
Subject: Re: [WO-DEV] Re: Non instance found but Monitor shows it as being up and running
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 23:11:53 +0000
To: WebObjects & WOnder Development <webobjects-dev@wocommunity.org>
It sounds like your instance is running, but not responding. Which could be any number of things causing that. Usually, when this happens to me, it is often a deadlock and I see a 'no statistics available' message for that instance on the java monitor application page. I have my instances configured to allow me to jconsole into them and search for deadlocks. But it could be something else, like the shared db connection being tied up for too long while you're waiting on a page that needs data from the db. In that case, you could play with the connect timeout settings in monitor and extend it so that you get a page if you are willing to wait long enough. I look for this by logging long queries to the application log. When I see those start to happen, I try to do what can be done to speed up the queries.

Just knowing you're getting a 'no instance available' doesn't tell me much though.