From: D Tim Cummings <tim@triptera.com.au>
Subject: Re: [WO-DEV] Re: Load additional D2W models?
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 06:55:57 +1000
To: WebObjects & WOnder Development <webobjects-dev@wocommunity.org>

Sorry Markus, I don't use D2W either.

Tim

On 23/2/23 06:46, Aaron Rosenzweig wrote:
Sorry Markus,

D2W is one of those things I thought was really neat but never used in a production environment. Only kicked the tires. Sorry I don’t have any ideas to achieve what you’d like to do :-)

On Feb 22, 2023, at 2:58 PM, Markus Ruggiero (rucotec) <markus.ruggiero@rucotec.ch> wrote:

Please tick
[  ] Nobody knows anything
[  ] Nobody ever had such an idea and does not care
[  ] Nobody out there anymore

On 21 Feb 2023, at 15:38, Markus Ruggiero (rucotec) <markus.ruggiero@rucotec.ch> wrote:

I found this property “er.directtoweb.ERD2WModel.additionalModelNames” that can be use to load additional D2W model files. I want to make this property dynamic so that its list of model names is built from a directory scan of the resources folder (or a subfolder) and all models found are loaded. This would allow to have models built around some grouping criteria like e.g. per entity without having to manually maintain the list of names in the properties file. I am in a prototype phase where I play extensively with a rather extensive EOModel, adding and removing entities. Such functionality would be great to have.

Anyone done something like this? When during app startup would be a good time to build this list? I think it must be done before D2W is initialized. Probably application.run() right before calling super.run() might already be too late?

Open for any tip, idea, help, code snippets, whatever.
Thanks a lot

---markus---

Markus Ruggiero

rucotec GmbH                        web https://rucotec.ch
Leonhardsberg 1                   email markus.ruggiero@rucotec.ch
4051 Basel / Switzerland         mobile +41 79 508 4701