From: Maik Musall <maik@selbstdenker.ag>
Subject: Re: WOLips bugfixes and new features planning
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2023 11:24:42 +0200
To: Paul Hoadley <paulh@logicsquad.net>
Cc: WebObjects & WOnder Development <webobjects-dev@wocommunity.org>, WebObjects-Dev <webobjects-dev@lists.apple.com>
Hi Paul,

well, aiming to update WOLips “just” to address those issues comes down to the same problem of finding someone to do it. But indeed we had someone contacting us about that, but before we go ahead and actually throw money that way I’d be more comfortable receiving more input from everyone about the Eclipse vs. IntelliJ question.

Maik

Am 19.07.2023 um 03:29 schrieb Paul Hoadley <paulh@logicsquad.net>:

Hi Maik,

On 18 Jul 2023, at 20:22, Maik Musall via Webobjects-dev <webobjects-dev@lists.apple.com> wrote:

We’re still sitting on the unused funds from everyone and feel uncomfortable with the situation.

As a single data point, this is no problem from Logic Squad's perspective. We know you're holding the money and that spending it has proven rather difficult!

In the meantime, we had a number of potential employees for job interviews, and many of them weren’t fond of the idea to move from whatever they used before to Eclipse. Maybe we should abandon that idea and look at creating a plugin for IntelliJ instead or something, and use the funds towards that?

I note in Slack there are some people mentioning issues with very recent Eclipse releases. What's the prospect of updating WOLips just to address those issues? I'd be happy to spend some of the money on just keeping it running. Who was it that made the most recent changes to address Eclipse API changes, and can we tempt them with money to look at this?

--
Paul Hoadley
https://logicsquad.net/