From: Susanne Schneider <webobjects-dev@wocommunity.org>
Subject: Re: [WO-DEV] EOQualifier.qualifierWithQualifierFormat ignores proper AND/OR precedence?!?
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2021 14:54:49 +0100
To: WebObjects & WOnder Development <webobjects-dev@wocommunity.org>
Hi,

imho you should not rely on priority analysis of a method that does text parsing for creating proper SQL (I would assume the brackets are set by order not by operator?). If you need priority brackets either set them yourself in your qualifier string or use the EOAndQualifer and EOOrQualifier classes.

Best regards,
Susanne

Am 15.02.2021 um 14:47 schrieb OCsite:
Hi there,

is it normal that

EOQualifier.qualifierWithQualifierFormat("userType = 12 OR userType = 6 AND subjectType = 3",null)

creates

*(((userType = 12) or (userType = 6)) and (subjectType = 3))*

? Seems wrong, does it not? /AND/ should always have higher operator precedence than /OR/, should it not? I was just bit in my tender parts by this, and I wonder whether this is the standard behaviour or some weird quirk.

Thanks,
OC

--
Susanne Schneider