From: Ralf Schuchardt <rasc@gmx.de>
Subject: Re: [WO-DEV] How can I access EOEntity userInfo documentation with EOGenerator?
Date: Tue, 14 May 2024 14:41:19 +0200
To: "WebObjects & WOnder Development" <webobjects-dev@wocommunity.org>
On 12 May 2024, at 8:59, Markus Ruggiero (rucotec) wrote:

> I can put the comments into _MyClass.java and MyClass.java. Once EOGen has run there will not be any updates to MyClass.java anymore. What if I update the documentation? The updated doc goes into the regenerated _MyClass.java but is NOT reflected in MyClass.java. The javadoc {@inheritDoc} only works for stuff _inside_ the class definition but not for the class  documentation itself.
>
> Do you know of any way to make hovering over MyClass in Eclipse show the combined javadoc from _MyClass and MyClass?
>
> The conceptual documentation of an entity clearly goes into _MyClass and additional implementation specific documentation should go into MyClass. But often I need to see the conceptual documentation of MyClass. Of course I can command-click MyClass to open MyClass.java where I can hover over the super class and see the doc but this “messes up my mental editing context” and I lose track where I was and where to go back to.
>
> Any idea?

I would open the conceptual documentation either as javadoc generated API page in a browser, or in the javadoc view in Eclipse. For example, open the javadoc for _MyClass with F2, then click on the @-Symbol to open the javadoc view (and disable the automatic linking between selection and javadoc view).

Ralf