From: Markus Ruggiero (rucotec) <markus.ruggiero@rucotec.ch>
Subject: Classpath ordering
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 14:41:40 -0500
To: WebObjects <webobjects-dev@wocommunity.org>
Signed Data (Text SHA256)
We have EOs in a dedicated framework with names like Service. We also have a component called Header in our application. Sometimes our application crashes telling us that class javax.xml.Service does not have method xyz or javax.mail.Header is not a descendant of WOComponent (which of course it is not).

Never bothered with class path ordering in Eclipse Configure Build Path -> Order and Export. So we end up with UNIXClasspath.txt in alphabetical order, on the top all APPROOT/Resources then underneath a group APPROOT/Frameworks... Everything seemed to work all the time, never bothered in any project I have done in the last 20+ years (wow, do I feel old😇)

We are seeing this problem since we moved our application to a cloud server which is (feels?) extremely fast.

Could the ordering of the classpath have anything to do with this? Why only sporadically and not consistently? Fast server stumbling over its own feet? Ajax requests overtaking one another?

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot
---markus---

Markus Ruggiero

rucotec GmbH                        web https://rucotec.ch
Steinenvorstadt 79                email markus.ruggiero@rucotec.ch
4051 Basel / Switzerland         mobile +41 79 508 4701

Content Unaltered as verified By:
<markus.ruggiero@rucotec.ch>