From: Ramsey Gurley <Ramsey.Gurley@practicemojo.com>
Subject: Re: [WO-DEV] Couple Ajax(Ping) Questions
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 22:31:58 +0000
To: WebObjects & WOnder Development <webobjects-dev@wocommunity.org>
Ajax requests do keep the session alive and that cannot be changed as far as I know. The point of the Ajax framework was to allow ajax requests to component actions instead of direct actions. You'd probably be fighting it every step of the way if you tried to make it sessionless.

It sounds like your logger isn't set to the level you think it is set to. Your logger format can be set to tell you the log level on each line. You can also view/modify your logger levels using the log4j action on the ERXDirectAction, which is pretty neat. You might be able to solve your problem just fiddling around in there.