From: Markus Ruggiero (rucotec) <markus.ruggiero@rucotec.ch>
Subject: Couple Ajax(Ping) Questions
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 18:55:35 +0200
To: Ramsey Gurley <webobjects-dev@wocommunity.org>
Signed Data (Text SHA256)
Does anybody know the answers to the following?

- Do Ajax requests keep the session alive? It seems that when I use AjaxPing the session never times out. Can this be changed somehow?
- I have log4j.logger.er.ajax=ERROR. Why does each and every Ajax request dump some stuff into the (console) log. Is it possible to have finer grained logging for Ajax?
  How can I filter such stuff and not have it in the log at all:
 (... ERXNSLogLog4jBridge.java:47)  - url /cgi-bin/WebObjects/MyApp.woa/ajax/zexYv...TKyM/4585.7.17.3.3?_u=panelUpdateAjaxPing&1657730329136
- Is it possible to control an AjaxPing (or auto update container) purely on the client side? I know AjaxPing has a stopped binding but that only works in conjunction with the server. Client side control would allow AjaxPing to stop when the browser window/tab is hidden. In such a case I do not need the ping at all.

Thanks

Content Unaltered as verified By:
<markus.ruggiero@rucotec.ch>