From: Markus Ruggiero (rucotec) <markus.ruggiero@rucotec.ch>
Subject: Java Enums in D2W
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2023 15:11:21 -0500
To: WebObjects & WOnder Development <webobjects-dev@wocommunity.org>
Signed Data (Text SHA256)
Quick question:

I have some fields defined in the EOModel as Java Enum. This is kind of a toOne relationship. How do I use these in the rules? I’d like to display the available enum values as a popup.

Example:
pageConfiguration = ‘EditTextblock’ => displayPropertyKeys = (....’layoutHint’...)
with layoutHint being defined in the EOModel as my.project.E_LayoutHint (Java Enum) with possible values E_LayoutHint.NONE, E_LayoutHint.LEFT_COLUMN, E_LayoutHint.RIGHT_COLUMN  etc. in the Java file.

Out of the box D2W displays the layoutHint property with an ERD2WDisplayString, same for pageConfiguration = ‘CreateTextblock’

Can (ER)D2W handle this already or do I have to create my own property level component?

Thanks
---markus---

Content Unaltered as verified By:
<markus.ruggiero@rucotec.ch>