From: Markus Ruggiero (rucotec) <markus.ruggiero@rucotec.ch>
Subject: Load additional D2W models?
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 15:38:37 -0500
To: WebObjects & WOnder Development <webobjects-dev@wocommunity.org>
Signed Data (Text SHA256)
I found this property “er.directtoweb.ERD2WModel.additionalModelNames” that can be use to load additional D2W model files. I want to make this property dynamic so that its list of model names is built from a directory scan of the resources folder (or a subfolder) and all models found are loaded. This would allow to have models built around some grouping criteria like e.g. per entity without having to manually maintain the list of names in the properties file. I am in a prototype phase where I play extensively with a rather extensive EOModel, adding and removing entities. Such functionality would be great to have.

Anyone done something like this? When during app startup would be a good time to build this list? I think it must be done before D2W is initialized. Probably application.run() right before calling super.run() might already be too late?

Open for any tip, idea, help, code snippets, whatever.
Thanks a lot

---markus---

Content Unaltered as verified By:
<markus.ruggiero@rucotec.ch>