From: Don Lindsay <webobjects-dev@wocommunity.org>
Subject: Athena JDBC
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2021 21:20:50 -0600
To: WebObjects & WOnder Development <webobjects-dev@wocommunity.org>
Hello;

I have data in an Athena instance in AWS.  I am able to connect to the database but not retrieve any Database Metadata of any kind.    I have tried with IntellijDataGrip and that application is able to get all metadata (databases, schemas, tables and views.  I went into project wonder and looked at the MySQL plugin to see if there is a way to change the queries that are used to get database metadata in a plugin for EOF.

Is anyone else using Athena JDBC driver?  What was your experience if you are.

Any pointers on how to modify how the JDBC EOF framework discovers metadata.

For Athena the query is Show TABLES IN <DATABASE>

Any help that anyone can provide would be great.

Thanks

Don