From: Paul Hoadley <webobjects-dev@wocommunity.org>
Subject: Log4J 2.x
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2021 15:45:31 +1030
To: WebObjects & WOnder Development <webobjects-dev@wocommunity.org>
Hello,

I asked about this on Slack a few weeks ago, with no success. Hopefully this list will be a wider or at least a different net. I have two questions that are different but related.

1. Is anyone using Log4J 2.x in a Wonder project? Is there a pain free way to migrate from 1.x → 2.x while retaining the convenience of Wonder's hierarchical Properties file loading?

2. Failing that, is anyone using Log4J 1.x and sending log events to Loggly, but not using Loggly's suggested syslog-based approach?

What I want is the lowest effort path from a Wonder application to Loggly. In another project, I've used Logback's LogglyBatchAppender, which works just fine, but with Logback's XML-based configuration, I lose the convenience of setting up logging via hierarchical Properties files. There are a few "LogglyAppender" projects in various states of repair on GitHub that appear to be compatible with 1.x, but if anyone has a known-good solution, I'd love to hear about it. A "HTTPAppender" that works with 1.x would probably be sufficient.

--
Paul Hoadley
https://logicsquad.net/