From: Markus Ruggiero (rucotec) <markus.ruggiero@rucotec.ch>
Subject: Dedicated Java Version for only some of the instances in JavaMonitor?
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 17:24:21 -0500
To: WebObjects & WOnder Development <webobjects-dev@wocommunity.org>
Signed Data (Text SHA256)
We have Java 8 and Java 17 installed on our production server. Several applications have been configured and all run happily with Java 17. Now one application uses a 3rd party library that is not compatible with Java 17. How do I make only this application use Java 8? I did not find anything in JavaMonitor where I can specify the Java version. When I edit the startup script and put export JAVA_HOME=...  pointing to Java 8 the app runs fine.

However this startup script is recreated every time I build the app. Is there any way to tell the app which Java version to use other than permanently edit the startup script after every build?

Thanks a lot
---markus---

Content Unaltered as verified By:
<markus.ruggiero@rucotec.ch>